Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Meat Popsicle
91 CRX Si
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got my Web Camshaft regrind installed in my Endyn ported D16a6 head. I backed off the adjustment screws completely, torqued the cam caps in the correct sequence and to the correct torque values, installed a new cam oil seal...and then I realized I didn't install the cam at TDC :ugh:

So my question is...how important is it to install the cam at TDC? I tried rotating the cam counter-clockwise to get the keyway pointing straight up but the cam gear bolt keeps breaking loose.

Should I remove the rocker assembly and put the cam at TDC? Should I rotate it half a revolution clockwise to bring it to TDC? Or should I just wait until I get the head on the block and rotate it using the crank pulley bolt?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
id just turn the cam in the head to tdc but if you got a good set of valve springs it gonna be stiff to turn, dont turn it by the center cam gear bolt cause it will break or come out

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
if the pistons are all half way down, you are fine.

if the pistons are at TDC and you put the cam in at the wrong angle, you might be in for a bent valve breakfast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts