Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
hey guys..new guy from canada here.. im looking to run 400whp daily this summer

ive got 2.5" pipes going to an ebay intercooler 7x2.5x23ish with backdoor custom on the hot side..

will this be enough to cool the air from a 60 trim?? 3" dp.. around 20psi im assuming?? i just dont want to slap a big ole turbo on and drive 3 hours to the dyno for a retune only to find out my cooler is choking me out... any experience??

thanks

travis

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
if your question is will it make 400, then yes it should. if your smaller intercooler doesnt cool the air as good as a bigger one, then it may take a few psi more to make the power. i wouldnt worry about it!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i forgot RC autoworks is a sponsor here.. big time hookups from that guy.. i wont order from anyone else ever again!! this eg will be running 10.9s this summer for sure because of BOB..

yes its a bit of a beater but its getting full body and paint and some 15x8s in the next 6-8 weeks..and of course more boost lol

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
and you can't ask for parts on sale first post

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i saw that and thats why im asking.. it shows that im between the 300 and 400hp ratings.. i dunno if thats crank or wheel but im not over 400 which is what i was hoping for.. ive had a few ebay 300whp b16s with these intercoolers but 400whp seems like a bit more of a chore lol

sorry for asking. just read my welcome PM.. i cant believe i need 65 posts to buy shit.. i dont have many questions so i guess ill start answering other peoples lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
It just really depends how efficient your core is.
My 92 talon at 300-350whp was running an Apex-i GT kit that in its day was good but only rated for 300whp despite being bigger than other FMIC's, it just wasnt as efficient.

With long pulls or back to back runs it'd heat soak and I'd start to get knock.

·
formerly Kit88
6,233 Posts
i cant believe i need 65 posts to buy shit.. i dont have many questions so i guess ill start answering other peoples lol
don't do that post whoring will be punish,

but just my 0.02, and welcome

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its just a stock z6 with reg length rods and vitaras.. to ensure 400+whp, i want to get a cam but i cant find any for cheap and i dont want to drop thousands of dollars on this car lol..its a cheap toy.. i want an s2k this summer so i gotta put my money in the bank

·
Registered
841 Posts
its just a stock z6 with reg length rods and vitaras.. to ensure 400+whp, i want to get a cam but i cant find any for cheap and i dont want to drop thousands of dollars on this car lol..its a cheap toy.. i want an s2k this summer so i gotta put my money in the bank
Um whats your line of cheap? haha, You trying to get a custom ebay cam or some thing?

Take a look at the zex 59300 turbo/street cam, very good price and a good came for a mild build, if that aint cheap enough for you then i dont know what to tell you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
am i allowed to get a link to a new compressor wheel?? looking for a spot to buy a garrett wheel for a t04e 54 trim compressor.. thanks

travis

·
Poop Sock
3,798 Posts
if i were you id get a bigger/better intercooler, switch that egay cast mani for a decent log or mini ram, forged rods/pistons, a delta 272-2 cam, springs/retainers, and maybe port that intake mani and jbweld back together and get a good tune. id rather spend the extra cash knowing that im solid as a rock rather than cut corners and pucker my brown eye and making chinese eyes everytime i hit WOT

·
Registered
65 Posts
clean eg..aiming 400whp with what kind of rods (i am unsure if they're stock or eagle h beams)? spending a bit more on the cam would definitely help u get to your goals...

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
head work is not nessecary...but you may be able to reach your goals on less boost....whichi n turn means less heat

check out delta cams

Home

the 272-2 is a bisi 2.4 clone...but a regrind....im running one and love it

but i'd say a better manifold and slightly larger intercooler may be benificial

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cast manifold is staying, although i might switch to the center wastegate style.. they are about 80 bucks shipped to canada and have way longer runners.. im getting rwd next summer so im saving up while also building a beater for the track.. next year ill drop some more money into the head and the manifold and a bigger turbo when its not my dd.. ill be happy with even 375 but 400 is the goal.. its 250whp now and it cruises

·
Classic Man
16,355 Posts
you wont be hittin 10's then bro

slicks and wheels are gonna run you $500 minumum.

injectors, cam, turbo, cage, its gonna add up quick man

1 - 18 of 18 Posts