Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 91 ef hatch right now it has d15b1 and i just bought a d16z6 complete motor just to drop in
for now cause my d15 is crapin out
what else do i need

what ecu and do i need another harness??

what am i missin?

·
Registered
605 Posts
u need a p28 ecu for whtever tranny u got if ur obd2 u gotta switch to obd1

·
Registered
605 Posts
an obd2---->obd1 conversion harness and a p28 ecu

SEARCH

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
why would he need a OBD2>OBD1? its an EF hatch so its OBD0....

anyways, use your stock tranny, and get an OBD0>OBD1 conversion harness
ok frist of all did we all forget that this car we speek of is DPFI so frist of all he has to convert it to MPFI then he can stay OBD0 (pm6) and wire vtec in to some kind of switch or u can convert it to OBO1 (p28)

if it was me i would go with rewire and get there plug and play DPFI to MPFI and there OBD0 to OBD1 and pick up a p28.

thats just me

RC

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
im useing the whole z6 intake setup
trust me on this if u got the money just call or got the there web site rewire and tell them what u got it will pulg in u drop the motor in and plug in the p28 and u will be set!

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
LOL, yeah your gonna have to get the z6 thermostat housing if you don't already have it and extended the wiring from the thermoswitch to the z6 thermostat housing.

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
LOL, yeah your gonna have to get the z6 thermostat housing if you don't already have it and extended the wiring from the thermoswitch to the z6 thermostat housing.
also u might have to change injector plugs but call rewire and some one will beable to explan over the phone!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok i found a ecu with a jun racing chip now about the wiring im broke and i dont have the cash for the addapters can i just get plugs for the p2 sockets and attach wires to them frommy orginal harness or there is more to it then that?

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
dude, all you need to do is the mpfi swap. don't waste your money on that jun chip.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jun is not ebay and the ecu i found for a stright trade for a spare z6 head for a p28 with a jun chip dont seem that bad to me

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
just buy a conversion kit from rywire, and call it a day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts