Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while idling every second or so i get a bit of a putt in the motor and it idles strange in general. when i first turn it on cold it idles at about 1500rpms and works it's way down to about 600rpms. it also seems to be burning a bit too much gas.

it's a 92 civic VX. I swapped out the stock D15Z1 for a D16Z6. running the Z6 with the P28 ecu, the Z1 tranny, the Z1 dizzy, and the Z1 wiring harness(bought a Z6 o2 sensor and rewired it, no check engine light), got a IACV from a junk yard they said it came from an accord but it bolted right on.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
well, the o2 wiring is probably wrong. the z1 used a wideband o2 sensor stock... not sure if the harness wiring for the o2 sensor matches the z6 harness. You might want to check that out. it could be what's causing your rich condition.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,451 Posts
1500 rpm idle is PERFECT on start-up.......

define the putt.........

What is your warm idle rpm with the headlights on? 875-950 rpm?

·
Registered
Same as above
5,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i re-wired the o2 sensor according to the wiring diagrams in the haynes manuel for the D16Z6 and warm the car idles at about 600rpms or so with or without the headlights on, it goes up and down a bit never really settling at a certain RPM. can't really define the "Putt"... just an out of the ordanary compression sound in the exhaust every second or so like a loss of power for a flash, i'll try to get some audio to you...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts