Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a d16z6 block and i want to use p29 pistons. would i have any clearance problems with having a y8 head on there? if so any suggestions on which ones to use. i want to keep my cr under 13. i will be using akmee valvetrain kit with some new valves. thanks in advance...

·
Registered
17 Posts
im pretty much wondering the same thing man.
got a Y7 and might be doing the y8head swap and throwing in the p29s

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i like that idea cause you can still run stock rods with some arp rod bolts and be ok..but im wondering if the pistons will knock the head?

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
You'll be fine w/ the P29's.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
SEARCH!!!!!

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Clay If In Doubt!!!!

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
why go arias? this isnt an all out build...i just need pistons to boost up the cr...
Because they can make any CR you want.... OMG ... noobs

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
No worries

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well if yu get aftermarket pistons you cant use the stock rods. i would like to be able to keep the rods because that is extra money i dont have to spend! thats why i was thinking of using the p29's.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
well if yu get aftermarket pistons you cant use the stock rods. i would like to be able to keep the rods because that is extra money i dont have to spend! thats why i was thinking of using the p29's.
If you're just doing a DD that you don't plan to spray, P29's will work fine and you'll be able to keep your stock rods as well.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Why couldnt you use stock rods???? Who told you that Bull????

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Why couldnt you use stock rods???? Who told you that Bull????
He probably heard it from some other noob who has no idea what they're talking about.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Or on H-T

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Indeed. H-T says many things that are far from being true.

·
Premium Member
760 Posts
i have a d16z6 block and i want to use p29 pistons. would i have any clearance problems with having a y8 head on there? if so any suggestions on which ones to use. i want to keep my cr under 13. i will be using akmee valvetrain kit with some new valves. thanks in advance...
I'm running p29s with a y8 head in mine a long with MANY other people. You won't have any clearance issues.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts