Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright. ive got a y7 that im going to start building for boost. I bought a set of pistons from this guy who said they were sohc low compression pistons. He told me they where 8.8/1 compression.
When i finally got them they had one hell of a dome!!!! and the box said it was for a zc.
So now i have pistons just laying around and dont know what to do.

And im not going to try and get a refund cuz i only paid 100 for them and they are brand new.

Does anybody know if these will work or should i be trying to put these in a NA car.

·
sub-sponsor
93 civic
5,175 Posts
zc there n/a i'll take them lol

·
I wanna be just like Jimmy!!
3,148 Posts
can't tell you anything without knowing measurements...

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
I got 2 set of a6 ones, they're almost flat top, they will kick up your CR around 10.3:1 in a y7. One is almost like new with rods, and the other set is dirty but still in good shape. If You want, make me an offer :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are Nippon Racing....dont know if they are cheap or not but i got a deal.
the part number is.... 13101-p29-000.

if you can find any info let me know.

·
Registered
97 GSX-R 750
1,548 Posts
Well... on their website www.nipponracing.com the only pistons they offer are Greddy pistons so ummmm I don't know what's up with that.:???:

·
Registered
424 Posts
they are Nippon Racing....dont know if they are cheap or not but i got a deal.
the part number is.... 13101-p29-000.

if you can find any info let me know.
If I remember right, Nippon Racing pistons are just stock replacement pistons. The p29 are for the D16a1/DOHC ZC motors. If you use them in other D-series motors you will get higher compression ratio. Use this chart to see what you will end up with in your motor;http://www.c-speedracing.com/howto/compcalc/compcalc.php

Do they look like these?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZC-P...150077998869QQihZ005QQitemZ150077998869QQrdZ1

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yep...they look just like those....well looks like i got screwed again. ohh well.

any body know where i can get low compressions for a good price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep...they look just like those....well looks like i got screwed again. ohh well.

any body know where i can get low compressions for a good price.

·
Registered
157 Posts
hey if you want to sell those pistons pm me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts