Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Civic
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone well after a long winter i took out my car today for a test drive and notice that my wideband AEM was ready lean at idle 14.0-16.5 or so.

Driving it was readying around 12-13.5

Now could my car be running lean because i have two oil catch cans, one for the block and another for the head?? or could it be cuz the fuel had been sitting in the tank since october.

I have a 97 civic coupe d16y8 turbo

·
Registered
97 Civic
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didn't run it at WOT cuz the car was running really bad at idle, didn't want to damage anything

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
i always let the tank get nearly empty and then add a gallon or two of 110 before i put her up for winter......has always worked well for me

·
Registered
Sl2,Cx Hatch
646 Posts
sensor going bad? I let my car sit for 3months then i drove it the other day on the same tank of 93, AF was Spot on.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
AFR change might be due to weather, higher or lower IAT's... if the tune isnt 100% perfect (which NONE are) then you will see some variance in different seasons

also your sensor could be reading off.

the catch cans may be your problem. it depends how u installed them. take a lot of detailed clear pics and ill let you know whats up

·
Registered
97 Civic
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i check all vacuum lines, drain the old gas and fill it with new gas. It run a lot better not as just popping/backfiring from the exhaust but i still notice that it run a bit lean.

But this time i did the WOT and about 4rpms i got boost cut. this are the new readings.

idle 13.8 - 16.9
driving 12.9 - 13.5
WOT 10.0

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
doesnt look like you have anything from the intake manifold hooked up to the catch can, so i dont think the catch cans are the source of the change in tune

i think its probably weather related and tune related. but might be the sensor itself starting to fail or maybe a change in fuel blend.

check for vacuum leaks.

·
Registered
97 Civic
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
umm no i don't think a bad injector because my car would of been misfiring which is not

1 - 17 of 17 Posts