Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off Id like to start by saying that I am having a realy hard time with planning my build do to soo many factors.:(

I know that boost will be my best bang for the buck HP. This is why I am taking it into such high concideration. The only thing stopping me from actualy boosting my ride is the fact of E-Check. Since my ride is OBD2 the only way that they inspect my vehicle is by using a scanner that does nothing more than check for DTC's and inspect my rediness codes. This is not a problem untill I address the issue of fuel managment. What choices do I have that are budget freindly for fuel managment? What setups are you guys running that have boosted OBD2 rides?

Thanks Guys.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What type of $ am I looking at for a setup like this?

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
if you are going to stay under 10psi, go with the emanage, otherwise you'll need a complete standalone that is a street legal replacement for OBDII ecu's, which would be something like the AEM EMS, and yes it is expensive...otherwise i would say build up the motor to play well with n2o...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
krwtek1 said:
What type of $ am I looking at for a setup like this?
AEM EMS is around 1200 dollars, but you would want to include a wide band o2...

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
I would say go with the Greddy kit as a whole. If you get it tuned, in isn't bad below 10 PSI, like he said, and the kit is actually CARB exempt, so you shouldn't have an issue passing e-Check at all.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can I run Emanage with a custom turbo setup? I plan on building my own kit due to a tight budget.

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Yes you can but it has to be tuned for your setup. I think the programs that come with it assume that you have a greddy kit.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
^^yep...find a good tuner that is experienced with emanage and go from there...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts