Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i've been thinkin about it, and i'm not gonna be running a turbo no more...things change. well anyway, i'm gonna be running the gas instead to kinda save money and just use it on the track and this will also cut back on my risk of gettin in trouble since it won't be constant power. well anyways i was wondering with nitrous which cam could be used a stg. 2 n/a or turbo cam. i don't want just the stage 1 cause it seems like it wouldn't be enough since i still wanna try and get as much out if the motor i can for the track. what about a custom ground? are they as strong as the cast cams? or is it just the regrinds that are weak? thanks for any help guys. oh and i'll be using a z6 cam for my d15b.

·
Registered
314 Posts
A cam will only do so much on its own. more air means a bigger cam (obvious) for best gains, but if your all motoring it it depends on how far you are going to go. if your getting a high lift cam, consider springs and retainers, stock ones with float around at high rpms. porting the head would also be a good thing if your n/a to get as much air as possible into the motor.

keep in mind high lift cams can cause lopes in your idle, so streetablility can be an issue as well. it all depends on you.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah well i wont be completely n/a and i wasn't sure if i could use either cams with nitrous. as of now i have generic air intake, edelbrock i.m., 60mm tb, 4-1 hp headers, high flow cat, and exhaust. i was running the single nozzle wet 50 shot but i bought the manifold from singlecizam with direct port already plumbed in so i will be switching to that soon. so for the question what cam to get, stg.2 turbo or n/a? or custom?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts