Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ex-g (canadian)
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what i have read... i need to press to oem out... then press in the arp and resize rod? Will my acl bearing still fit after that?

I'm wondering if i should install them (rod bolt) or not... engine is not going to see more than 7500rpm

Any advice?

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
You should use a press to press them out, but to put them back in, you only need to torque them down following ARP's specs (preferably with a rod bolt stretch gauge).

You should check your clearances with pastigauge. THey should be within tolerance, but you need to check with the new rods.

·
Registered
259 Posts
To save yourself hassle and time just give your rods with old bolts still in them to a machine shop along with your arp rod bolts and let them remove and install. This is important as they have the proper tools to do this quickly and you also have to resize the rod back to stock after this process because once the new bolts are installed and the cap is torqued it isnt a complete circle anymore.

its really a no brainer as its extremely cheap..I paid $30 canadian for the complete job of removal, installation, and resizing at a local reputable machine shop. Good luck on your goal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts