Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I took my trans apart to install an LSD and had difficulty removing the shafts/gears. I finally managed to shake them loose to get to the differential and I noticed that the top sychro and hub above it had come loose.

It is just like what you see highlighted in picture except the bearing is not there (I guess I stayed in the case.

My question is whether or not I can simply place that hub that is over the synchro back on it until it is snug or is there a certain tolerance I will have to follow with the feeler gauge?

Also, does the synchro have to be aligned a certain way?

Please let me know if something is unclear.

Thanks

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Make sure everything on the shaft is tight and then check the selector by moving it up and down. You should be able to maneuver it up and down to get into 4th and fifth with ease. If not aligned right, you won't be able to.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
The only thing you need to worry about there is putting it on upside-down.
really........don't do that.

Bad info......

It only goes on ONE way per the Helms. The two longer teeth on the slider every 120 degrees HAVE to line up with the same deeper notches on the hub, synchro also only goes on one way, indexed every 120 degrees or so.

Pg 13-25 explains the alignment. I'll see about posting a jpg of it tonight.

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
hah it was a little sarcasm Bone. The hub won't go on up-side down and it wont slide if the long grooves aren't lined up. I figured if these things couldn't be figured out by UN-common sense, then there is no business being inside a transmission.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
hah it was a little sarcasm Bone. The hub won't go on up-side down and it wont slide if the long grooves aren't lined up. I figured if these things couldn't be figured out by UN-common sense, then there is no business being inside a transmission.
again, please.

The hub will go on upside down.

You can even fully assemble the tranny like that only to find out you don't have reverse once running.

Dave P., ZC/Si CRX tranny on Hybrid.

Allow me to link you to the past.

HYBRID: Installing an Si FD into a ZC Transmission

Thats was the night I learned about SOHC trannys.

Welcome to the Twilight Zone.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
the 5th gear slider is beveled on one side on the outer part, that side goes up. The internal teeth, bevel goes down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts