·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i get my car done i am thinkin bout turboing it
i have a 91 CRX DX thats getting a D16Z6
what turbo should i use
i want farly good power out of the car but i want it to be a daily driver to
also i don t know of anyone in my area that will tune like ECU's and stuff like that so what would my next best solution be?
Thanx

W

·
0 Posts
91RexRacer said:
when i get my car done i am thinkin bout turboing it
i have a 91 CRX DX thats getting a D16Z6
what turbo should i use
i want farly good power out of the car but i want it to be a daily driver to
also i don t know of anyone in my area that will tune like ECU's and stuff like that so what would my next best solution be?
Thanx
these questions are good.....never heard them before.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
There is a thing called a sticky...look at it. Just throwing that out there, do what you want with it.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have read through some posts but i was wondering what hp would some of the turbos be good for i will be running this with stocl rods and pistons for now so it will be low boost

what PSI will stock rods and pistons hold up to with out tuning
Cause i dont know where i could get the car tuned?
thanx for the help

·
Registered
489 Posts
civic_man said:
WITHOUT TUNING??? r u crazy?
damn young kids... pm 5speed4life. he chips. and you can do it mail order.

·
Registered
491 Posts
T3/T4.....turn up the boost and get it tuned, whats with everyone running low boost. Im making 238.5hp at the wheels with stock internals in my Z6 so I dont see why 200whp would be any problem for you being that you have a good set-up and good management.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
this has been covered soo many times, you need to get it tuned!! 8 psi is a safe # for stock internals with nothing else done and being tuned properly with some diff inj. Stock inj are only good to around 6 psi if I'm not mistaken.You can run more boost, but I'd reccomend you put in arp head studs and change the head gasket. Levi is running 14psi on stock internals and has been fine, besides blowing a head gasket, but he has a very good tune and has now installed arp head studs. Tuning is the key to having a safe, reliable, long lasting turbo setup. To give you an idea mine put down 195 whp and 146 torque on 8-8.5 psi with a greddy kit, crome, rc 440 inj after being tuned.

C

·
0 Posts
it all depends on ur power goals for daily driver i would recomend t3 and saying u have a built up motor. t25 is more all time dd but t25 will give u almost no boost lag and it will stop boosting at about 5500-6000 you wont get any more power.

·
Registered
491 Posts
vtecduck said:
this has been covered soo many times, you need to get it tuned!! 8 psi is a safe # for stock internals with nothing else done and being tuned properly with some diff inj. Stock inj are only good to around 6 psi if I'm not mistaken.You can run more boost, but I'd reccomend you put in arp head studs and change the head gasket. Levi is running 14psi on stock internals and has been fine, besides blowing a head gasket, but he has a very good tune and has now installed arp head studs. Tuning is the key to having a safe, reliable, long lasting turbo setup. To give you an idea mine put down 195 whp and 146 torque on 8-8.5 psi with a greddy kit, crome, rc 440 inj after being tuned.
PSI is relevant to turbo size. 8 psi on a t25 isnt the same as 8psi on a SC61.

W

·
0 Posts
TurboCivic95 said:
PSI is relevant to turbo size. 8 psi on a t25 isnt the same as 8psi on a SC61.
actaully psi is psi but the air per volume is what you mean.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts