Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm planning to buy friends 96 dx hatch, with a d16y8 swap. Thing runs good been in it multiple times. The only thing that worries me is the guy who did the swap used a hacked up engine harness apparently. Vtec doesn't engage and apparently it's missing some sensors. My question is, since he's been running the car like this for a lil while, will it harm the engine? I plan to replace the engine harness as soon as I can, but I don't want this thing to blow up in my face sometime down the road.

thanks in advance for any help! it is much appreatiated

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Hey guys I'm planning to buy friends 96 dx hatch, with a d16y8 swap. Thing runs good been in it multiple times. The only thing that worries me is the guy who did the swap used a hacked up engine harness apparently. Vtec doesn't engage and apparently it's missing some sensors. My question is, since he's been running the car like this for a lil while, will it harm the engine? I plan to replace the engine harness as soon as I can, but I don't want this thing to blow up in my face sometime down the road.

thanks in advance for any help! it is much appreatiated
Considering how cheap clean 90s Hondas go for nowadays, save yourself the headache and expense and just buy a nice one.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My advice, don't buy something that has had a lot of aftermarket work done to it that you did not do because that means if something goes wrong you don't know where to begin troubleshooting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts