Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a zex wet EFI kit. This wouldn't be for my Civic, but for $100-300 shitcan beaters to mess around on. I'm just wondering, are the solenoids in the purple box capable of flowing bigger than a 125 shot just by changing to bigger jets?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
ive never tried but i bet it would work.

i also have a box i picked up (complete kit) for $150... was going to use it with the ebay turbo on the old old setup to try and hit a 10 but now i got more than enough turbo to make 700whp so... lol...

its waiting for a beater to be installed on. haha

how big of a shot are u going to try and spray?? haha

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I dont know, but I wouldnt run that big of a shot on a single nozzle setup.
This isn't for a Civic. I just want the range of choice in shots in case we end up picking up some boat with a V8. They can gulp down considerably more nitrous than a 4cyl.

The kit will do 55-125 with the jets you get from Zex. When I get it I'll be picking up some bigger jets as well, and see what it can do. Big enough for up to a 200 shot ish.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now that I have a kit, the official answer is it will flow up to a 175 shot without any trouble.

The kit I picked up is for a Mustang GT and came with jets for a 75-175 shot.

I have jets ordered for smaller shots to start out with on smaller engines. First car that's getting it is my beater Golf GTI. Be nice if it took a 75 shot without the clutch slipping.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Now that I have a kit, the official answer is it will flow up to a 175 shot without any trouble.

The kit I picked up is for a Mustang GT and came with jets for a 75-175 shot.

I have jets ordered for smaller shots to start out with on smaller engines. First car that's getting it is my beater Golf GTI. Be nice if it took a 75 shot without the clutch slipping.
HAH!!! GL with that if it is a mkiv I betcha the heated seats and mirrors burnout and everything elecric goes on the blink afterwards. I hate mkiv GTIs, had a salvage car for cheap, easy fix, turned into a nightmare, 2 years later still in driveway, too pissed to work on it right now, needs rebuilt engine or swap.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is a MKIII, and I love it.

It's been nothing but good to me, I've put 12k miles on it in 6 months and got the thing for 800 bucks. Plus it's got a Jetta front so it looks pretty cool. Fun to beat on. Will be even funner on nitrous. If I blow it up, picknpull will give me $270 for it and I can sell the wheels/tires for $200ish.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
last time i saw someone go over 150 shot on a zex purple box it didnt like it one bit.

the box would start freezing the solenoids and sometimes it wouldnt activate or it would give a smaller shot... it was just a big pain in the ass really.

now on the same box and the same car it was doing a 150 shot for a good while and there was no problem with that at all. i wouldnt really go over 150 shot personally unless you have a different type of nitrous kit.

·
Registered
157 Posts
^^ I dont see how it would give a smaller shot unless the bottle was low on pressure, the Jets control how much Nitrous/fuel go in not the Box, the box just makes it simpler to hook up by using a TPS signal and checking there is sufficient pressure in the fuel and nitrous lines

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
the bottles were full, warmed and purged to optimal pressure for the shots (yes did many different pressures) and it still would freeze the solenoids. Zex is more of the safe nitrous kit than the big power kit.

·
Registered
1992 Civic Si
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clearly, I was just wondering what kinda duty the small solenoids inside the NMU were up to. Enough to have fun with spraying shitboxes. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts