Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I actualy have a vx motor and must change the tranny. The vx transmission seems a lilte bit expensive so I wonder if putting a cx or dx tranny would be possible and if so is it a good thing to do, gaz vs performance...

any help would be plz

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
SOHC_Rules said:
Get an si tranny............
That would be more expensive then the vx tranny...

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
look around for a used ex/si tranny. just make sure to get a hydro tranny. you can probably pick up a good used tranny for a few hundred. a dx tranny should be about $100-$200 used.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called at the local junk yard and they can get me a vx tranny for about 325 (400$ canadian....).

But I would like to know whats would be my rpm at 75mph with a si and with the dx. Because now I'm like at 2500, so anayone know if swithing tranny will cost me more gaz or it will not be really significant.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
an Si tranny at 75 will be much higher... i think around 3500... maybe less. An EX will be slightly lower than the Si, but everything else about them is the same.

The VX is all about economy.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found a DX tranny for less than 200$ and I wonder if I putting the 5th gear of my VX tranny (cause its still good) in the DX tranny would be a good idea, to keep the engine running on e-vtec at 75mph.

and thx to all of you that post info I was really needed them

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
If you have the knowlededge to do a gear swap in a tranny then by all means ..
but I dont reccomend it ..

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,432 Posts
tobtod said:
I found a DX tranny for less than 200$ and I wonder if I putting the 5th gear of my VX tranny (cause its still good) in the DX tranny would be a good idea, to keep the engine running on e-vtec at 75mph.

and thx to all of you that post info I was really needed them
5th gear, .702, is the same.

·
Registered
2001 Z3 Coupe 3.0i
913 Posts
The big difference is in the final drive. The DX should be noticeably more peppy than the VX.

If the gas mileage hurts too much, get some taller tires. :p

·
Banned
89 Crx
844 Posts
the cx and vx trannys are the same, with a 3.25fdr. The SI/EX trannys have 4.25fdr.

Also, Why Must you change your tranny?

·
Registered
150 Posts
i know you are a long way from my, but i have a CX tranny which would be just like your old one(if you want gas milage). I live in TX, and the tranny is in perfect condition. i took it out last fall when i went to the y8. it doesnt grind at all. if shipping is around $50-60, then i would sell it to you for ~120 shipped. if anyone thinks thats too high, let me know. not many people want/need the cx tranny, and its been for sale on honda-tech for a while, so i had to say something.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The tranny is grinding as hell in 1 and 2, so I could though it but damn it go on my nerv every time i shift in city:D.

But for the last one who want to sell his CX tranny, I would say i'm pretty interesting but the thing is that i'm going to work and I'm leaving after. I will be back on wednesday at night. So I will send u a msg when I'm back.

And do the cx tranny will have as long gear as the VX or it will be more peppy like the dx?

d-series is THE reference !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts