Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys hope u guys can help me out.

I already rebuild my friends LS/Vtec engine but in the process I broke the oil pressure switch plug from the Vtec selenoid assambly.

Now I know that the Vtec plug from the selenoid it self was plug separate and the vtec was activated via button on the stick shift so I know it was in fact working. What I can remember is if the oil pressure plug was plug to the vtec oil pressure switch since I broke it this plug but I did found the plug with a piece of harness but it is just that, a piece of wire but is not plug anywhere.
I was checking some old pictures that I took before I took upon the project and one of the pictures that I took was around the camshaft seal since it had a pretty bad leak around that area, you can see the vtec silenoid but u Cant see the oil pressure switch plug so I don't know wether that plug was there hanging with a piece of the wire, about 4-6" or weather the wires from that plug were attach somewhere in the harness.

PS- I belived we are using the stock harness the came with the 96 hatchback, and I belived this particular model is NOT, Vtec hence the running the wires till the shift knob.
I did manage to find out acourding to the parts number from the dealer, that the selenoild and this oil pressure switch plug, they are the same in all vtec civic, 92-00, since the part number is the same. the only thing that changes is the vtec housing itself.

hope this info can help u guys help me.
Thanks before hand, sorry I can post a pictures since my beautifull wife drop and broke my new digital camara.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
i dont understand what the question is? but i tried to look up something I thought was your question..http://www.gassavers.org/showthread.php?t=1861

http://hondaswap.com/hybrid-eg-ek-dc/no-vtec-oil-pressure-sensor-229957/

If it's a usdm ecu it will look for that input. You will need to either use a jdm b16a ecu (because it does not look for the oil pressure reading), or use a usdm b16a ecu, and then trick the computer into thinking there is an adequate oil pressure reading to allow vtec to engage.

How To: Run a JDM Vtec Solenoid on a USDM ECU - ClubCivic.com - Honda Civic Forum

Cliff notes:
1) Unhook battery
2) Unhook vtec solenoid plug
3) Grab the pressure sensor plug
4) Strip back wire on green/yellow wire on vtec solenoid plug
5) Strip back wire on blue wire on pressure sensor plug
6) Connect another piece of wire between the two you stripped back
7) Solder
8) Tape
9) Connect battery, turn on car.

This method tricks the usdm ecu into seeing the pressure sensor being activated. Vtec works like normal.

Original Source: No VTEC oil pressure sensor

but i really dont understand exactly what you are asking.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sick1camcivic hope this helps

OK im putting together an ls/vtec for turbo. I already totally rebuild the engine and as I was putting the engine harness together, I notice that their was a plug connected to the oil pressure switch on the vtec, but this plug even thou it was connected it only had a piece of the wire attact to it but it wasn't connected to main harness. So it either broke off or it was never part of the harness.

Now I know for a fact that the vtec was activating cause they made a seperate connection from the vtec selenoid to a a button on the shift knob to activate the vtec, and I knew for a fact that it was working cause I drove the car.

Now my question is do you need that oil pressure switch connected, or is it possible to run the vtec without the oil pressures switch? Im just trying to figure out if that cable was broken to beging with, since I dont remember if it was like that, with the plug connected to it but with the wires broken, or if in fact it was connected and attach somewhere in the harness.

Hopefully this helps.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
you dont need it to run vtec, check out the links i posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts