Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 civic ex. The knock sensor got broke while replacing the engine. I put a Y8 back into the car. My question is, would a knock sensor from another engine work and if so which one? I don't have the money to buy a brand new one. I bought one off a guy on another forum, but he sent me the oil sending unit instead and now won't return any of my emails or phone calls. This is my only car and I need to get it back up and running asap. Also, would the FIA control valve work off another engine? I think it's a dealer part cause advance and autozone don't carry it. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Yeah, if you got the same part off of another Y-series Honda block you'll be fine. Same with that other part. Gotta love Hondas! LOL

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I know the Y8's have a knock sensor, but which other ones have a knock sensor. Thanks

·
Registered
189 Posts
B-series knock sensors will work and I believe H-series ones will as well. The only thing is the plugs are different.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have to rewire it anyways cause the wire got ripped when everything was unhooked. So, i will just try and find the connector then too. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts