Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dx tranny on my z6. Combz told me I may shift out of boost, anyone else know about this? Im shifting at 7500 rpms and the turbo is a 60 trim .48/.60. Help? or Input?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I guess it doesnt matter? If i shift at 7500 Im thinkin that my rpms wont fall too below 5k. So this would still boost quick enough.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Kinda the wrong section, but I'll let a mod tell yah to move it.

Anyhow, I how the Dx has slightly better gearing than the VX I have...but I still know for a fact that you'll benefit highly from having an Si/Ex trans. About falling out of boost...if you say it dips down to 5k, personally I think that's too low with that turbo. Guessing a stock head with only a 7.5k redline? If not a new trans, new upgrade the valve springs and up the revs to help.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well the Si tranny i had was weak and broke. I kinda like the longer gears. 85 mph at the top of 2nd gear. And the redline is set at 8500 i just shift at 7500

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
if you like it whats it matter? its fact shorter gearing = more torque=more accel. so do what you do outa that. Ive used both with boost, the DX sucks period.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts