Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
The Wife and the Car
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys need some info.
I assume you guys have track racing where Honda's are raced.

My question is how many laps do you typically race.
What is the normal length of a track.

Who decides how many laps the race will run for i.e. is there a sports governing body that makes the rules. Or is this something each track / championship decides for it self.

What are some of the more popular Super Saloon racing series in America and where can we get info on them.

How are the classes formed. ? Are most of them single make races or do you mix in with other makes and model's.

What is the most popular honda engine on the grid.

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
I've personally never seen anything like what your team races in. Honda's are exactly very popular in the road racing world. Especially around here.

I could be totally wrong, and I really hope I am, because I would love to get into some sanctioned Honda racing.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Look at the SCCA classes and rules
There are classes where Hondas race, but its mixed with other makes and models and theyre not saloons.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Basically (correct me if I'm wrong), there are 4 types of Televised racing over here.

NASCAR (circle track stuff, typically carburated V8's with top of the line 1970's technology in what use to be a stock car), it's boring and will have a lead change ever 10 seconds. Basically it's going toward a "spec car" setup that no one cares for.

Indycar (formula style cars, various road courses, they all run the same Honda V8 engine[though next year they're rumored to let other engine manufacturers back into the game]). Indy car is actually pretty interesting, good driving but it doesn't garner a lot of publicity (they turn both right and left). If they stopped trying to be the open-wheeled version of NASCAR they'd be a lot cooler.

Drag Racing (NHRA is the governing body and they've got tons of different classes). It's racing in it's truest form IMO but all they do is go in a straight line.

Speed World America (Stock bodied cars modified into race cars, this league almost disappeared a couple years ago but they're trying to make a comeback). Excellent racing, beautiful cars, and had the potential to become something similiar to DTM/JGTC until the sponsors pulled a lot of cash out of the league. I really hope they make a comeback.

There are other racing venue's sponsored by NASA and SCCA but they don't garner a lot of attention due to the fact that the general public likes NASCAR to much.

If I left anything out or missed anything or even got something COMPLETELY wrong, someone correct me.

From the looks of my google image search it seems that NASA's "Honda Challenge" would best suite you.

·
Premium Member
The Wife and the Car
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. Great starting points to google and read up on.
Personally I dont fancy drag racing as much as Track. Because with a track race you are really testing the reliability of the build and its not just 400 Mtrs in a straight line. Two very different ways of tuning and building engines.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts