Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 del Sol Si and I was wondering what all has to be done to remove the P/S. I heard all you have to do when you remove the P/S pump is on the rack you have to loop the 2 lines that come off it (the high and low pressure lines) and put like a breather valve between them. If anyone knows the way to do it please let me know. Thanks.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
the lines are different size, so getting a fitting that doesn't leak is a PITA. I'm swapping on a whole non power rack on a 94 Sol Si this weekend, along with other suspension upgrades. I do know you can run the rack dry and it won't hurt it, then loop the lines.

Team Sol should have a article by Slater..........

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
swap the subframe and rack, yank the lines and pump, really easier that trying to get at the lines.

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is the rack fixed to the subframe or is the subframe just set up different for the non P/S del sol's?

·
Registered
01 Ford Focus SE
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i see. i am probably going to look into swaping my rack and subframe. thanks for all of the help.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
if you need help, your not far from Detroit.........the rack/subframe swap was one of the easy items this weekend!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts