Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats goin on guys, i been outa the single cam stage for a while now but i think i might come back, all because i seen some singles doin 11's and some 10's with stock sleeves....now, i just purchased eagle rods, vitara pistons, block guard, arp head studs, cometic hg, z6 longblock, acl rod, main bearings and thrust washers, hastings rings, brand new water pump, timing belt, every rubber gasket, 60 trim turbo, 560cc injectors, walbro pump, 3 diff chipped ecu's, crome pro, wideband and all the tunning goodies..... what can i expect outa this set-up? any suggestions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
actually....lemme ask a diff question and forget the one i asked, its stupid.......i seen 405hp with the similar setup i have on 25 psi...is this common or bullshit and the guy deff had sleeves?......im looking to get into 350-400hp...im sorry, im a single jingle on boost noob but i can tell you anything bout a b series!!!
shit, i juss dropped the "B" bomb, dont shoot thnx

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
You can reach 400+ on stock sleeves, so there's that answer. Your Evo injectors might limit you, depending on the tuner. 400 hp will be stretching it on those...heck, I've got Evo 550s and relized I'll need to upgrade to. Got more details on that turbo there?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
actually....lemme ask a diff question and forget the one i asked, its stupid.......i seen 405hp with the similar setup i have on 25 psi...is this common or bullshit and the guy deff had sleeves?
it was definitely on stock sleeves

if you want more than 350hp with your setup, you need bigger injectors

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the turbo is a xs power 60 trim, nothing too special....if injectors are my help to get 400 hp with my setup, theyre being purchased right now lol...

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
would 1200s or 1000s be useless overkill or good planning?

·
Registered
140 Posts
would 1200s or 1000s be useless overkill or good planning?
Some management systems have a difficulty idling with bigger injectors. eCtune doesn't have an issue with this but others such as crome or even hondata have a little problem with that....Really depends on tuners knowledge of software being used...

1000s would be nice, not really overkill - be good for spray :TU: Precision 1000s BTW i love - super nice quality injectors

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I would dump that turbo and pick up a quality piece if you want it to last...
have been using a t3 turbo from them for the past year and a half on my stock shit never had problems!! acually i got it from autoworks... haha traded him my t3t4 for the t3 because on my stock y7 it spooled sooo slow.. but hell on a stock motor you couldnt go wrong buying a 150$ turbo.... but i wouldnt buy one if you want to make massive amounts of power especially for a built motor.... i know ill be ditching mine soon and getting a better one... keeping mine only for break in period :) but mine did last a year and a half on my stock motor on 6 pounds

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
Similar set up to mine, except I went with a t3/t4 .60/.63 50 trim precision and 750 cc rc injectors. So far it's making 325 at the wheels at 20.5 psi with eCtune.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
uh...ya you can
not if it lasts like mine did..150 bucks for a year of use sounds pretty good to me.. i dont know i guess some people just like buying the best and having the "brand name"... but a turbo isnt hard to change out and if i can buy 3 for the price of one shit... and still have good results with it.....:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah them egay turbos are a hit or miss, also depending on how you drive and break in helps.....when my funds get better ill obviously get a decent size ballbearing snail....

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
not if it lasts like mine did..150 bucks for a year of use sounds pretty good to me.. i dont know i guess some people just like buying the best and having the "brand name"... but a turbo isnt hard to change out and if i can buy 3 for the price of one shit... and still have good results with it.....:)
You get what you pay for.... My precision may have cost over 4 times what you'll pay for that crap, but I promise you this, it will be running long after you've swapped yours 3 times and make more power ;)

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
25,544 Posts
You get what you pay for.... My precision may have cost over 4 times what you'll pay for that crap, but I promise you this, it will be running long after you've swapped yours 3 times and make more power ;)
i bought my used Garrett t3/t4 for $300, deals are definitely out there

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
yeah thats true... haha precision makes some good stuff..... i know it makes alot more power... when i get the funds ill get a nice one but until then... ebay here i come!! haha im just saying that mine i have lasted a year... i may have been lucky but... maybe thats because i acually used a oil restrictor for my oil feed line like some people dont and blow out their seals....

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah thats true... haha precision makes some good stuff..... i know it makes alot more power... when i get the funds ill get a nice one but until then... ebay here i come!! haha im just saying that mine i have lasted a year... i may have been lucky but... maybe thats because i acually used a oil restrictor for my oil feed line like some people dont and blow out their seals....
restrictor or not - eGay turbos will lead you NO WHERE! Bad boost pressure, faulty seals, shitty housings, fins are thin, not designed turbos - thrown together turbos, i can go on for awhile here.....

I hate the eGay shit - you get these cheap ass ppl that will go out and buy that shit and destroy a perfectly good Honda motor...

Im glad you got a year out of your crappy Chinese/Tawianese/Indonesian POS. It will NEVER happen again. Bottom line here folks, you pay for what you get for (is this a recurring theme here?!?!). If anything, buy a turbo (brand name) and have it rebuilt to factory specs...

But if your hard headed and wont listen to ppl who have been there and do this for a living, then go ahead and waste you 70 bucks on a 'Super T70'. But do not come crying back about how you wasted a couple hundred bucks on CRAP and blew your shit up (motor and turbo). Maybe you wont blow your shit up BUT i guarantee that your boost pressure wont hold, and will cause nothing but problems for a real tuner on a real dyno trying to do real tuning...

And dont even get me started on those damn wastegates....

Sorry for the rant but i get this crap alot and all i do is point to the door and tell them to buy quality shit. I dont like setups to puke on the dyne b/c of lack of quality, non developed turbo components, and faulty parts....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts