Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done a lot of looking around and can't find a good answer...I am boosting a stock d16y8. 60 trim Precision turbo, changing the pistons and rods, going to be tuned with neptune/demon/RTP. I'm not looking to make a monster, it's going to be my DD. I was just wondering how much psi is safe to run through the engine? Like I said I'm not looking to make a monster, somewhere in the range of 250 or so. Would it be safe to make more? Thanks in advance for your help

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you're building it, you'll be able to run quite a bit of power through it. As you're aware, boost pressure is relative to the size of the turbo, therefore no one is going to be able to answer your question for you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
are u putting stock rods and pistons back in it? if so then about 8-10ish.. if forged then you can crank the shit out of it with a good!!!!!!!!!!!!! tune

·
Registered
160 Posts
are u putting stock rods and pistons back in it? if so then about 8-10ish.. if forged then you can crank the shit out of it with a good!!!!!!!!!!!!! tune
I agree for stock internals id stay around the 8psi range ... once you figure out what specifics your putting reply to the post , we will be able to give you a much better idea

·
Registered
977 Posts
I agree for stock internals id stay around the 8psi range ... once you figure out what specifics your putting reply to the post , we will be able to give you a much better idea
How can you tell what psi will be safe ? Do you know the size of his intake runners, his intake tubing, throttle body? These are all factors ! 10psi on 1 square inch is alot different then 10psi on 10 square inches! :smartass:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts