Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looked all over the site, still no luck, but i have a stock y7 right now (ek chassis 99-00 hatch) and i recently picked up a z6 head w/ the intake manifold still on (IM gasket is intact) and an ecu with obd1 conversion. also didnt go cheap on the head gasket, got an oem one. someone told me that i have to convert my distributor? is that true or is he just fawkin with me? anyone else did this swap and encountered any problems other than just boltin on parts? thanks all.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Convert?, no, you will need to either cut the obd2 plug and hook it to the dizzy that way, or get an obd1 harness for your car, shouldnt be too hard to find. those are the only 2 answers i have, since it seems you want obd1

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the only confusin part, im not even sure u need to convert it, cuz this guy on honda-tech said all the parts bolt on, but i dont know, how tough would it be to find a obd1 harness?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure you don't wanna cut the wires rather take out the guts and switch'em. I've got b7 innerds in my z6 dizzy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts