Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys try search already and nothing. So I install the extended ARP wheel studs, and I order a gorrila kit close ended lug nut, did not work find out the hard way. Everyone is telling me that I needs to be anything open ended 12mm x 1.5 for honda/acura will work. Not my case, I had a set of 12mm x 1.5 that are open ended but the problem is that this set uses a special key and this key goes on the inside hole of the lug nut and as you are turning the lug nut being that the wheel stud is longer, the stud itself pushes the key adapter out making it impossible to screw the lug nut. So now im asking you guys, which type do I need to get, I know its gotta be open ended, Im asuming the sizes got to be 12mm x 1.5, but the adaptar key CAN'T GO ON INSIDE OF THE LUG NUT, it has to go on the outside and im asuming that the key adaptor has to be long enougth so that when the stud is screwing all the way it doesn't pushes the adaptor key out or the lug nut it self has to be long enougth.
Hope you guys are not confuse by what Im trying to explain here, I NEED HELP,
today.
Help me Obi One Kenobi, you my only hope

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
OR YOU CAN USE THESE:
tuner lugs
the only problem with those is when you go to tighten them down, they are so short, that the stud pushes the tool off the nut unless the tool, is designed for extended studs.....which for 17 bucks i dont think it would be

but that is a decent price for that style, i know from experience that the tool will eventually fall apart like mine did

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thank you guys, now I just have to find out seating surface (e.g. flat seat, cone seat, shank style, etc). Also I want them in black. Damm I wonder if summit racing will take them back. Thats another thing, the Gorrillas lug nuts that I got said that they are to be used on after market tuner wheels, but for some reason they were scratching the inside holes of the rims a little bit, in the other hand before I install my extended ARP lug nut, I had the same rims install and I was using a 12mm x 1.5 open ended and they work perfectly, with the stock wheel stud. One of the diffrence between this two set is that one is open ended and the other, gorrilla lug nut are not, but besides that the gorrilla lug nut had a angle at the end, is this what it means when it says, cone seat, shank style? Anyway I need this badly now I just have to look for pricing, also are they all made out of aluminium? Any problem with the tread getting damage? I figure since the wheel studs are made of heavy material I should try to get tunner lug nut of the same material, what do you think?

Any way guys thanks a lot for the info, you have been very informative.

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
1,903 Posts
the only problem with those is when you go to tighten them down, they are so short, that the stud pushes the tool off the nut unless the tool, is designed for extended studs.....which for 17 bucks i dont think it would be

but that is a decent price for that style, i know from experience that the tool will eventually fall apart like mine did
it won't push the tool off, look at the pic. the tool is easily 2-2-1/2" deep, so i dont see a problem with those working.

·
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
it won't push the tool off, look at the pic. the tool is easily 2-2-1/2" deep, so i dont see a problem with those working.
the reason i say that is, when i had the integra, MINE did...... but didnt look that long......:TU: on the find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts