Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
sprinkle fingers
honda or mustang gt
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my question is i just bought a hondata s300 p28 ecu with hondata already installed. however i went out and just bought a cord from the store to connect my lap top to the ecu. Now here's the question is that cord suppose to work it seems my computer is totally recognizing the s300. I'm not able load my maps to the ecu cause it still thinks its off line which means the up arrow is highlighted to be able to use that function. so my question is does the actual hondata cord have to be used? i'm leaning towards yes but just need to actually know

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Hey my question is i just bought a hondata s300 p28 ecu with hondata already installed. however i went out and just bought a cord from the store to connect my lap top to the ecu. Now here's the question is that cord suppose to work it seems my computer is totally recognizing the s300. I'm not able load my maps to the ecu cause it still thinks its off line which means the up arrow is highlighted to be able to use that function. so my question is does the actual hondata cord have to be used? i'm leaning towards yes but just need to actually know

No I don't believe so.
Did you update the SManager on the computer? I remember reading on the hondata forums someone had a problem similar due to a different version of SM.

·
sprinkle fingers
honda or mustang gt
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well guess what i had to update my smanager lol thanks for the reply.

·
sprinkle fingers
honda or mustang gt
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah wal mart has it :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts