Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T3-T4-TURBO-Inlet-Manifold-GASKET-Stainless-Steel_W0QQitemZ330102873629QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

that is the gasket i am using. I know the way it works is that when you tighten the turbo to the mani, it is supposed to drush the gasket down and seal. problem is that i bolted down the gasket and everything, then i had to remove it to turn the turbo around. I bolted it donw again, and had to turn the turbo around again (i know, its confusing, look at my other threads as to why i couldnt make up my mind).

Will the gasket be good still if it has been crused already and then removed?

thanks

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
should be, if you have any doubts spray it with some copper spray and put it back on. I saw a thread a while back where drunkinmaster1 sprayed his with it.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
should be, if you have any doubts spray it with some copper spray and put it back on. I saw a thread a while back where drunkinmaster1 sprayed his with it.
right on.......i just wanted to make sure, because i would like to order a new one if it needed replaced, but i will copper spray it and hope for the best.

how much does a can of copper spray cost? A new gasket is $8 shipped, it may just be worth it to just buy a new one and be safe rather than sorry. i dont want there to be any exhaust leaks cause heat soak....

hmmmmmmmmmm................i need to decide i guess.

thanks for the input man. :TU:

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
No prob, copper spray is $6 at Advance Auto

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,014 Posts
actually i used the permatex ultra copper for about 8 bux from schucks.just smear it all over the place like youre making a pb & jelly sandwich. and your gasket should be fine, but in case you need another one schucks also sell them for $7 under either the mustang svo, or thunderbird turbocoupe replacement gaskets.

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Thats what i used on mine.. i also used it on the manifold to head .. to ensure no escapes

·
Banned
68 Posts
i actually dont even have a gasket for my downpipe, just permatex. still holding up fine to this day.
yup had it like this on my eclipse.. except i used the cheap rtv stuff

i boght another gasket just to be dafe.....it was $8, so no big deal
good call.. its better to spend the $8 now then have an exhaust leak and have to remove everything once its all mounted up..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts