Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've searched and found that You can use the ECU of a USDM D16 for a JDM D15B VTEC Swap. If my cut off is around 6800 rpm, does that mean that I have the USDM ECU for the D16. I've read that I can take it to 7200 rpm.

Sorry if this is a noob question, but i'm new to d's. I just bought this 94 civic coupe and it came with the swap. Just trying to figure out was up with the ECU.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A p28, usdm d16 vtec ecu, should have a limit of 7200rpm. Sounds like you've got a dx ecu, p06. You know you're getting vtec? What is the code on the side of your ecu?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,422 Posts
DX ECU = 6500 rpm limiter, 6800 on the stock tachj
EX ECU with CEL = 6800 rpm limiter, 7100 on the stock tach
EX ECU running right, 7200 limiter, 7500-7600 on the stock tach

EX ECU using Crome Pro, hi cam disabled, 7500 limiter, 7900 on the factory tach.........

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
it means you have an auto ecu

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do I need to change the ECU to a manaul ECU or can I do something to make it work right without changing it?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
/\ changing a ecu to manual is no easy task

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've searched and I found that a02 ecus are manual, i'll assume that a02 is also. No one nows?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nah I checked, I got a manual according to the above link.

·
No more Honda's :-(
Civic CX
3,223 Posts
what are you reading that says 6800? don't forget the stock cluster's are ussally way off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ecu

whatthehell1051 said:
/\ changing a ecu to manual is no easy task
What up D-series. I got my hands on some info about changing a P28 ECU that was meant for auto to make 5-speed. You might get fluctuating idle that will drive you CRAZY once the car has warmed up. What you do is, open it up and de-solder the RP17 and RP18 resistors. When you do, it will stop. You also might throw the code for auto-tranny lock-up before doing that, but if you're not throwing codes, I wouldn't mess with the ECU. P08's a hard find, and most want a grip for them. If you're lucky enough to know someone with one, see if you can put it in yours and see if you get your rpms.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts