Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a question about chiping the ecu i dnt realy now much about it i have a jdm d15 vtec... im planing on puting nitrous but dats goin to be for a while nd i was planing on chiping it for nitrous but a friend told me to chip my p28 ecu for al moter til i actualy have the bottle but wat exactly do they change? does it give you more power??

·
Registered
91 CRX HF
1,040 Posts
Spelling owns you! Anyway, after reading your question 3 times, I figured out what you were asking. When you say what changes when you chip an ecu, all that changes is they put a socket in the ecu so they can replace the chip with different chips. Now on another note this gives you the ability to tune and change the fuel maps, timing maps, rev limit and depending on the program used there are all sorts of other things that can be added and changed. I think what your friend was saying is to get the ECU chipped and get it tuned for all motor. The key word here is tuned. Take it to a shop after you get a chip and basemap, and have it dyno tuned! But first do A LOT more research!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts