Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to know what other options do i have ...other then the PG6B pistons......will PM7 pistons work?...a friend told me that B16 pistons would be the best way to go...ist this right?
I myself was thinking of stiking with D series pistons

P.S i am a noob a this :lol: but willing to learn ;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Goal is just to get a car thats good for dailydrive and that i can race sometimes...150-160hp would be ok in my book :smile:
Just got a ZC1 /D16A1 (i think it is a D16A1...has PG6B pistons) for 300$ (just missing ecu,outlet and some sensors that are in the car and under the hood)
As i was taking it apart to clean it was thinking of getting some more hp out of it
I know that te rods can stand 200hp(stock) but to just get that i need to go turbo. right?

The B16 pistons should work as my friend is saing....ZC pistons are longer about 5mm....he said that nothing gaind from the pistons but they worked

·
Registered
371 Posts
d-series are 75mm bore and b-series are 81mm bore. Not interchangable. Post up a pic of the motor. PG6B pistons? I think you may have a 86-87 integra motor. 9.3:1 compression, P29 & PM7 will only raise it to 9.5:1. DO I/h/e and you will be happy. If you lucky to find a set, toss in a set of zc cams for an additional ~15hp.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes its a teg engine....it says ZC but seems to be a D16A1 has PG6B pistons that the D16A1 has....it came out of a crx. At the moment i took it apart and am cleaning it and just looking if every thing is OK

Sry for being dumb but what is a I/h/e :oops:

Chaos325 when you said ZC cams u mean the DOHC ZC cams?
Its hard to find JDM parts here but hey ill give it a go :smile:

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
i/h/e is intake-header-exhaust ;)

·
Registered
371 Posts
Deadboy48 said:
Chaos325 when you said ZC cams u mean the DOHC ZC cams? Its hard to find JDM parts here but hey ill give it a go :smile:
Yup dohc zc cams, use the d16a1 cam gears on those cams.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts