Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my head and block together a while ago and it's leaking coolant/water from the mating surface from the front, from between the block and the head. Theres no coolant in the combustion chamber (checked plugs, no white smoke, no bubbling radiator) and no oil and coolant mixing.

Would I need to put some hondabond around the coolant port on the mating surface? If not, how do I fix this leak :(

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
Pics of said leak would help.

Did you have any machine work done to the head or block? Is it leaking from the coolant port on the front of the motor or form where the head/block meet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The head was milled by 0.002 inch when it was lifted. Nothing apart from that and the engine is completely stock. The leak is from the mating point, not the coolant port, atleast thats what it looks like. Will have a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Didn't have headlift, I had taken the head off after it had overheated and I wanted to be sure that the head wasn't warped. There was no warpage (checked with straight edge) but I still had it milled just to be sure.

No boost or anything, just a stock car.

·
Registered
Sl2,Cx Hatch
646 Posts
you said it overheated? are you sure the block is stright and not warped? you mite want to have that checked man g.l

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Overheated...now we know. Perhaps there is a small crank somewhere? The head might need to be pressure tested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts