Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I recently bought a 95 EX coupe for 1500 dollars. Chassis have 190k with 20k on a engine rebuilt. Straight body, with little bit of paint chips here and there
Mods:
D16z6 with new rods and pistons
Some intake
Skunk2 intake manifold
Custom Headers
Skunk2 Stage 2 Cams
New 8 lb flywheel
New Stage 2 Clutch
New cat and 02 sensor

My Intake and my Headers are visually out there, and I would like to know if I would pass the DMV inspection AND CHP inspection?

And is this a good deal for 1500?

·
Registered
duh
883 Posts
Hi, I recently bought a 95 EX coupe for 1500 dollars. Chassis have 190k with 20k on a engine rebuilt. Straight body, with little bit of paint chips here and there
Mods:
D16z6 with new rods and pistons
Some intake
Skunk2 intake manifold
Custom Headers
Skunk2 Stage 2 Cams
New 8 lb flywheel
New Stage 2 Clutch
New cat and 02 sensor

My Intake and my Headers are visually out there, and I would like to know if I would pass the DMV inspection AND CHP inspection?

And is this a good deal for 1500?
A D16 with headers for 1500 is always a good deal.:yes:

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
headers and cams but i think seeing the header might fail you. im not sure though

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this car is not salvaged and is not going thru smog check, just dmv inspection, but they MIGHT make my car go thru CHP inspection

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts

·
\/ apply baby lotion here \/
'98 Civic 4 Door
11,260 Posts
If you want to go thru all that Trouble so you can pass this 'crazy inspection' Go ahead and Buy it. (I would)

If you don't want to hassle with it then don't get it.

Anytime you start messing with Modifying a Car (especially a Honda) be ready to get punked by Police.

Get a thin piece of sheet metal and shape it so it looks like a Heat Shield and be done with it. Use your Imagination.

I don't think the Intake will pass you tho.

Post Pics of your Ride and the Engine asap

1 - 10 of 10 Posts