Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any good websites that discuss the benefits of re-sleeving my d16y8 block?

I'm looking to redo my block, but I can't decided if I'm just going to get pistons that can be honed into the block, or I should get it completely redone. Is there any size limit of the sleeve? what's the biggest piston they make for d-series?

those are the type of questions I'm looking to answer, thanks!

O

·
0 Posts
how much power and boost are you wanting from the motor? what are you trying to accomplish with your engine?

lets start there.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm trying to weigh my options, which is why I was looking for information about everything! I plan to run a minumin of 12 psi daily, and I'm currently running 8 with stock internals. But, I have also thought about redoing the sleeves so I could run whatever I felt like running that day. Basically I'm undecided, and I was looking for advantages/disadvantages, sizes, and options with rods and pistons.

B

·
0 Posts
With proper fuel management and tuning you won't need to sleeve your block. You should be able to make around 300whp with just rods and pistons and you won't want more than that on the street anyways. If your going to be using it as a race car and go for big horsepower then you will probably want to sleeve the block.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
isn't it kind of rule-of-thumb that 400 and beyond look to re-sleeve your block? or am i making that up in my head?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts