Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked but didnt find much info. I have a friend that is wanting to turbo a stock z6 and run about 10-12 psi until he gets his motor built. He has all the correct stuff such as injectors, pump, socketed ecu etc...

But my main question is the Borg Warner / Bullseye Power T3/T04B 47 trim turbos any good and whats the max boost/power this turbo can support without getting to 80% of its efficiency? I looked at their website and i guess some of their pages arent working.

Thanks for you input.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
I have looked but didnt find much info. I have a friend that is wanting to turbo a stock z6 and run about 10-12 psi until he gets his motor built. He has all the correct stuff such as injectors, pump, socketed ecu etc...

But my main question is the Borg Warner / Bullseye Power T3/T04B 47 trim turbos any good and whats the max boost/power this turbo can support without getting to 80% of its efficiency? I looked at their website and i guess some of their pages arent working.

Thanks for you input.
1- psi means nothimg, hp is what breaks motors, not psi, different turbos create different amounts of power at differnt psi levels

2- bullseye turbos are some of the best out there and have been steadily outperforming garrets

3- did you mean 57 trim? 57 trim at 80% efficiency i believe would be around 420-450whp. if it was me ad go with a 50 trim, little faster spool, and not much sacrifice up top.

4- if your friend is sure he will build the motor eventually, the 50 trim would be perfect, if hes unsure, he probably wont end up building the motor in such case id go for a smaller turbo. lot faster spool as a stock z6 can only handle between 200-220whp

·
Registered
103 Posts
4- if your friend is sure he will build the motor eventually, the 50 trim would be perfect, if hes unsure, he probably wont end up building the motor in such case id go for a smaller turbo. lot faster spool as a stock z6 can only handle between 200-220whp
How about Z6 with ONLY Pistons/Rods, stock sleeves? 450whp right?

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
How about Z6 with ONLY Pistons/Rods, stock sleeves? 450whp right?
personally i wouldnt go over 400whp on stock sleeves for reliability purposes. but basically yes, pistons/rods will get you to 450whp. when doing a build it is a good idea to replace a lot of high wear items as well, water pump, tbelt, tbelt tensioner, service oil pump, bearings, etc.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Its obvious that a larger turbo can and will make more power per lb of boost. Thats just common sense. Also depending on what trim of the turbo as well. max713, i think you misread the trim size. The one he was looking at was a 47 trim. So yes it will spool pretty quick but my main concern was that it would run out of breath when the eagle rods and wiseco 8:5:1 pistons are installed along with a edelbrock intake mani, and arp headstuds. He will want to run 15-18 psi and i am not sure this turbo will move that much cfm without getting close to 80% I wasnt totally concerned about him making 400 hp just concerned about the psi and flow capabilities of the turbo being its a 47 trim.

·
Lifes short, drive fast!
2,350 Posts
Its obvious that a larger turbo can and will make more power per lb of boost. Thats just common sense. Also depending on what trim of the turbo as well. max713, i think you misread the trim size. The one he was looking at was a 47 trim. So yes it will spool pretty quick but my main concern was that it would run out of breath when the eagle rods and wiseco 8:5:1 pistons are installed along with a edelbrock intake mani, and arp headstuds. He will want to run 15-18 psi and i am not sure this turbo will move that much cfm without getting close to 80% I wasnt totally concerned about him making 400 hp just concerned about the psi and flow capabilities of the turbo being its a 47 trim.
i didnt misread, i thought you may have meant 57 trim as it is a lot more popular turbo.
the way you stated your questions, it appeared you were asking if you could run 10-12 psi on a stock motor which is an extremely broad question

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
You will be fine at those psi levels 47trim is gonna flow quite less than a 50trimI think its something like 3X lbs/min and the 50 trim is 49 lbs/min and the 57 is 50lbs/min. But if he is going for a built motor why not go for the 50 and be done. The stock sleeves can take quite a bit of abuse with proper tuning.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You will be fine at those psi levels 47trim is gonna flow quite less than a 50trimI think its something like 3X lbs/min and the 50 trim is 49 lbs/min and the 57 is 50lbs/min. But if he is going for a built motor why not go for the 50 and be done. The stock sleeves can take quite a bit of abuse with proper tuning.

Thats what i suggest, but it may be a year or so before the block gets built and he is able to get a new bullseye 47 trim (425.00) for about $200 less than the average Garrett 50 trim turbo ($600.00-$630.00). So he figures buy the bullseye for now and upgrade later.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Thats what i suggest, but it may be a year or so before the block gets built and he is able to get a new bullseye 47 trim (425.00) for about $200 less than the average Garrett 50 trim turbo ($600.00-$630.00). So he figures buy the bullseye for now and upgrade later.
Thats the dumbest thing I have heard of so spend double the money hmmm

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
:ugh: that is so retarded. buy once, and simply run wg pressure (low boost). seems like your buddy, is just a ricer trying to hide his true coat.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
:ugh: that is so retarded. buy once, and simply run wg pressure (low boost). seems like your buddy, is just a ricer trying to hide his true coat.

funny shit, running the 47trim at 10-12psi might make 200hp, run the 50trim-57trim at lets say 6-8 psi, and create the same power.. less boost, same power, lower temps, and wont have to buy twice

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I just sold all my turbo stuff a couple of weeks ago... Now i have the urge to go back turbo again. I just picked up a Garrett Turbo 57 trim .63A/R T3/T4E 4 bolt....New $486.89 shipped.

I also called greg at go-autoworks and ordered my new mani.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
I just sold all my turbo stuff a couple of weeks ago... Now i have the urge to go back turbo again. I just picked up a Garrett Turbo 57 trim .63A/R T3/T4E 4 bolt....New $486.89 shipped.

I also called greg at go-autoworks and ordered my new mani.
Sounds like someone just likes to spend money:dots:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i was going to order it from greg cause he had a great price on it and he said he should be getting his next order from garrett soon... But came across this the other day when looking for my friend. Being he was looking to spend less that $600 and i figured i would bid on it and i put my max bid in at $450... and ended up winning it. So i figured it was meant be.. Besides i miss being boosted. This is my 5 turbod honda setup.. I always buy build and sell.. .over and over again. I get bored and go n/a then wish i was boosted. Yeah im dumb, i waste a lot of money, but i still have a few turbo parts that didnt sell last time i had listed them so i will just use some of the parts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
GOT THE TURBO.............A little lag but boy does she pull for a measley 9 psi. Here comes headstuds and rod bolts until i can pay cash for my eagle sleeved block. Yep i said eagle just like eagle rods. They have some new, killer blocks.

I will get pics up soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts