Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want everybodys opinion on clutches, my clutch is slip n sliding on me right now and im bout to replace. tell me what you hav had experience with and all the pros and cons of it. now its a turbo D16Y8 @7psi and is my daily driver in the summer/ or when its nice out. i hardly ever do any dumps on it and like it to feed som speed to it somtimes. just giv me your imput on what would work for me the best. Thanks guys.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I have been using Action clutches for a few years now... I like them alot for street and the track.

·
4 doors of fury!!!!
2,386 Posts
ive used ACT and EXEDY cluthces. I like them both.:TU:

i also bought an XTD and i hated it. never stopped chattering out of first. always had to over gas it. although i have heard others say they like them.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about all ACT and EXEDY clutches. I have heard 50/50 that XTD are good/shitty.

I have an Exedy Stg1 clutch, should be good until 180ftlbs. ~200-220 HP. Good engagement, not much harsher than stock, works real well, but this is on a stock engine, so I cannot vouch for its ability to hold power, but I have no doubts that it could hold the power.

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about all ACT and EXEDY clutches. I have heard 50/50 that XTD are good/shitty.

I have an Exedy Stg1 clutch, should be good until 180ftlbs. ~200-220 HP. Good engagement, not much harsher than stock, works real well, but this is on a stock engine, so I cannot vouch for its ability to hold power, but I have no doubts that it could hold the power.
I had the Exedy Organic Racing clutch. I loved it. Daily drove it and did track weekends on road courses. I liked it so much that I bought another one for the new setup. And guess what, its great too :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
QUOTE]

Thats weird I have heard more bad stuff about ACT clutches than any other clutch in a honda but anyways, I have a xtd works great for me. Next I will try the action sounds like the bisi cam of clutches:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts