Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright what exactly do i need to do to get this in. im going to use a DOHC ZC cable tranny. i heard imma just need to use a 88-91 civic/crx driver side mount then i could get an obd0-obd1 conversion harness for down by the ecu to make it a direct plug in so i get exact ecu settings, no hacks or chips ect but then how would it engage vtec since my harness isnt ready? couple wires i need to add to a conector from radioshack and run them through the firewall into the back of the ecu? thanks guys

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
As far as mounts go just use your 88-91 crx mounts for the swap. If your going from obd0-->obd1 then get a p28 ecu and can connect vtec to this ecu. Unless your staying obd0 in which you would use pm6 ecu and to hook up vtec use either a vafc, or a fields vtec controller, or a rpm activated switch (a.k.a the ghetto way).

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah yeah im running a dohc zc motor now...ive been in this little scene for awhile and seem to be quite knowledgeable on just overall the crx and dohc zc so i wanna try something else now i just wasnt quite sure if the z6 or a6 block had the 3 holes for the int. half shaft. i noticed on some of the conversion harness's they have wires extended just hanging and which i guess i get a plug at radioshack and connect the wires or grab the plugs off of a z6 wireharness and then extend them into the firewall to the left open wires. that seems like a nice easy way to do it

http://www.boomslang.us/obd0.htm

any other companies maybe cheapier than $150 shipped that have the wire prepinned for vtec and stuff? thanks again guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts