Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just about finished putting together my hybrid gearbox but im having trouble getting the casing to go back on. It seems like it just hits something and wont slide on any further , ive tried for about an hour wiggling it around and playing with it to get it to go on. Im wondering if maybe i didnt put something in the right place thought because the first gear on the countershaft seems to rub on the ring gear a little is this normal?

thanks-hamish

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
what did you hybridise?

First gear will rub until the counteshaft is locked in with the retaing clip.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
i used a rubber mallet, snap ring pliers, and a LOT of patience to get my transmission to go back together. It has to go on perfectly straight... or else the bearing will get stuck crooked in its slot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i finally got the bastard on lastnight i held the countershaft circlip open and stood ontop of the case and it dropped in. Its a dohc zc / jdm zxi teg hybrid , it has zc 1 2 teg 3 4 zc 5 and teg 4.43 fd. Im glad to hear that first was spose to rub a little like it was i wasnt looking forward to taking it apart again to check i put the shafts together properly.

thanks guys

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
try and freeze the metal... then do what you can to jimmy it out. You can use a bearing puller (slide hammer with bearing attachment)... rent it from autozone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts