3,984 Posts

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Why in the world would that be? Are you talking about the plenum or the runners or both or what? I obviously dont have any evidence to the contrary but it just doesn't make any sense to me.

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
What kind of issues are you having with your intake? is it your idle or something else. Do you have all the right nipples pluged. A 99 skunk 2 manifold might have air injection holes in it being that you put it on a 99 dx which doesnt have air injection like the 99-00 civic ex you might need to fill those holes right on top of the fuel injectors. Theres a nipple in the back for cruise control i dont know if you car has cruise or not but if it doesnt you have to plug it. Just a few suggestion but holla back and let us know more of the problem.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,251 Posts
9295EJ-t said:
dx is bigger than ex in 5th gen for sure.. not too sure about 6th gen ex bein bigger..? but i wouldnt see why it would be any different for a 6th gen.

Sorry, but you have it ass backwards. 5g ex has LARGER runners than 5g dx/4g Si...........

Plenums are the same volume.......

B

·
0 Posts
I thought that all of the 99-00 sohc motors had air injection to add more fresh air to exhaust emissions. I have done an EX intake manifold swap onto my 98 LX (which has the D16Y7, same motor as the DX), aside from the air injection it should be exactly the same. What kind of problem are you having?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, well.... i do know that i probibly need to change the TB. because of the sencer (i dont know what it is called) that is on the DX is on the TB. but on the EX it is on the intake manifold. one problem is that i think it idles wrong, the other is that when i get on it hard.... it feals like it is getting power surges... almost like the air/fuel is confused. i dont know thoe.... like i said it feals like it is getting power surges when i get on it at high RPM's.

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
transzex said:
I did, 7 years ago.
:bravo:

Not everybody is a seasoned Veteran... ;-)

·
I
95 Civic coupe
3,984 Posts
transzex said:
Sorry, but you have it ass backwards. 5g ex has LARGER runners than 5g dx/4g Si...........

Plenums are the same volume.......
nice lil zoom in ya got there tranny guru... stick to trannies.. and check your measurements again.. and btw i said the intake is bigger, not the runners.. i NEVER said runners..

·
D-Series Destruction Master
6,710 Posts
9295EJ-t said:
nice lil zoom in ya got there tranny guru... stick to trannies.. and check your measurements again.. and btw i said the intake is bigger, not the runners.. i NEVER said runners..
if i were you, i wouldn't be a dick to members of this forum who are established. Trans knows what he's talking about, and if it were between your opinion and his, i'd go with his.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts