Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i was wondering if there is any issues when putting a pair of regular chinese-spec 4-2-1 stainless steel headers on a d16y7 coupe (with the cat incorporated into the headers), i have got a pair i had on my old car (d14a4 hatch) but that didnt have this kind of headers. are there gonna be any fitment issues or should i just go ahead and do it? i got a leak on these headers so im looking to upgrade.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where do you plan on putting the second header, on the roof?
what im asking if the normal d series headers fit on a y7 coupe, which has the weird headers with the cat integrated, so i dont get your question.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mount the second onto another d and connect the outlet flanges to each other .just imagine..

I'm liking this micky
i dont understand... im just asking if i can mount a regular d series 4-2-1 on this weird ass y7 coupe.., willl it fit the rest of the exhaust? why is this such a funny matter....

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
The stock d16y7 midpipe is tiny and will be a bit of a hassle to get sealed correctly.

The header collector size will need to be the 2" variety, NOT the 2.25" or 2.5" collector.

You will need to find a new doughnut flange gasket. You want one that fits very tightly on the header piece that sticks out, and you need one "fat" enough to crush onto the honda midpipe.

You will want to get new exhaust spring bolts. Long ones with a stiff spring. Use never-seize paste on the threads to keep it from rusting and seizing, and eventually breaking.

IF you want to prevent this issue, grab new catback exhaust for the car. I highly recommend AVOIDING cheap ebay exhaust, and go with nice Yonaka exhaust. on ebay they go for right around $250-300 $$ USD, so your price will be different.

You can also solve this fitment issue by having a shop cut the flanges off both the header, and the stock piping, and weld in a simple pipe reducer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The stock d16y7 midpipe is tiny and will be a bit of a hassle to get sealed correctly.

The header collector size will need to be the 2" variety, NOT the 2.25" or 2.5" collector.

You will need to find a new doughnut flange gasket. You want one that fits very tightly on the header piece that sticks out, and you need one "fat" enough to crush onto the honda midpipe.

You will want to get new exhaust spring bolts. Long ones with a stiff spring. Use never-seize paste on the threads to keep it from rusting and seizing, and eventually breaking.

IF you want to prevent this issue, grab new catback exhaust for the car. I highly recommend AVOIDING cheap ebay exhaust, and go with nice Yonaka exhaust. on ebay they go for right around $250-300 $$ USD, so your price will be different.

You can also solve this fitment issue by having a shop cut the flanges off both the header, and the stock piping, and weld in a simple pipe reducer
Thank you! that's what i was looking for. I arleady have new spring bolts, so im fine there, i'll have to find a new doughnut gasket. i dont want the noise of a full catback, too much noise for not that much power. just wanted to know if its possible to fit this header because buying another oem one with the cat will be quite expensive. have a good one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts