Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a tach in my hatch because i dont have one if anyone can help me it would be much apreciated. Also what is the redline for a d16y7. thanks

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
you could wire in an aftermarket tach (it should come with instructions)...

i don't know about EH's but EG's have all the cables required to install a stock cluster with tach even if you don't originally have one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
find the blue wireing coming from your dizzy hook the tach wire to there,then hook the red to a hot (hot when key is truned on) the black should go to a ground fyi i got my ground ran straight to the negitive on the batt. then theres one more wire which is white hook that to your fuse boox so when u trun your lights on the tachs lights up too. well i dont know if the 91 crx si and the civic are them same but i know thats how i got my hooked up,and i know every honda dizzy has a blue tach wire.just hook it up like i said and IT WILL WORK TRUST ME.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys. now where can i find a tach thats not one of those huge ones? Autozone and such only has the big ones that i saw.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didnt think she would have that many revs in her. If/When i get the y8 manifold and head will that raise the compression and RPM?

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Redline on y7 is about 6400, cut of about 7000. If you search which wire to plug data on tach, open hoon, you will see a single blue wire at the right near the harness, in a rubber plug in the nowhere ;)

·
Registered
96 hatch
593 Posts
is there a kragen in your area? when i had my y7 in the car i bought a nice little 2'' tach for like 35$ from kragen. how ever now that i have my vafc hacked strait off the rpm signal i've found that that cheap tach is about 100-150rpms off at low rpms and a few more hundred off at 6500+

and dohcef8si's way is exactly how i hooked mine up.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
maybe my sunpro tach is little bit not precise at higher rpm... I read 7000 at duel cut of... but... Maybe I can find a way to change to 7200...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts