Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 crx si.
Heres the story. Dad driving my car couple months ago tranny got stuck in 2nd. I find a new tranny out of a 90 crx si i just got to it a couple days ago and Now it runs wierd. Seems to hit Rev limiter at 3k. And bog when you press the gas.
ITs been sitting for 4 months inside. I checked vac lines all over. Disconnected the battery for 10 min and tried again. I'm stumpped. I did search around and I've found that it might be fuel starvation. Any ideas?

Thanks
HT

·
Registered
civic
451 Posts
moisture in the tank maybe? if you're trying to reset the ecu the fuse it would be you hazard fuse under the hood, pull it out for 10 sec. and put it back in, try that first, if that doesnt do it, check trany ground as well,

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i'll try those right now. The Tank didnt have too much gas in it when I put it away under 1/4 of a tank... Idk maybe that has something to do with it..

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Check engine light on? Codes?

Sounds like it's in limp mode, check all your sensors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so i checked Wires around the tranny everything looks fine. One thing I did Notice the speed sensor wont plug in right??? It is throwing a CEL. I just got a constant light on on the ecu.So maybe its the Speed sensor. I cant get the damn thing in there idk it might be a different one. Thanks

HT

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well when I look at the ecu it has a constant light no flash nothing just constant on which i think is code 10. Defective sensor, Could it be the speed sensor.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Ok i checked out the ecu. it was the damn socket that i had put in. it just fell off. It runs good. lol I just keep thinking when i press the pedal i will get that boost pull. but no haha

hicomp.d15 Thank you for your help much much thanks.

Thanks all
HT

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK sorry for the double post. ran into a Problem last night was driving And motor bogs then dies wont start. Cranks over. Its getting fuel. No spark pulled off the dizzy cap and the dizzy is cracked. I talked to my buddy says it could be the ignitor too. Kinda stumped I'm just gonna replace the dizzy and should i replace the Ignitor too?

Thanks
HT

·
Premium Member
95 CX Hatch
5,910 Posts
Sounds like the coil is getting hot. I've had 4 coils go out exactly like that over the last 15 years. Runs great then all of a sudden vrrrrrr power loss dead. No start/spark but if you let it cool down completely, it will fire back up and do the same.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts