Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is my new boost motor d15z1.. well see how she handles.. stock block d16y8 head should be around 8.04:1 compression.. heres some pics block has 83k on the block, head is practically brand new

bragging rights

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
t3 .42 .48....

idk how much the stock z1 rods can handle...prolly 10-13psi maybe more once i get on a dyno but that should be ok i hope... i know 8:1 is pretty low but i just dont know how much i can push

·
Registered
18 Posts
help

Yo Nice. i have a d16z6 with a possible blown head and i have a extra d15z1 motor. would i be able to put the z1 head or the z6 block? and what would be the out come? or whats the best wayz to handle this problem?

·
Registered
95 civic ex coupe
3,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yo Nice. i have a d16z6 with a possible blown head and i have a extra d15z1 motor. would i be able to put the z1 head or the z6 block? and what would be the out come? or whats the best wayz to handle this problem?
you cant put the z1 head on the z6 block.. it would be 11:1 compressoin..nothing wrong with that.. but the z1 head has hella small ports and small valves with the small cam.. you can swap over the whole z6 valvetrain but honestly wouldnt be worth it imho....

ill def let u guys know how it runs when i get it put together tho:alky:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts