Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cracked #2 piston ringland a month ago. Rebuilt and put 1k miles on motor before #2 cylinder blew the headgasket. Resurfaced the head, checked the block and sleeves, also installed new ARP headstuds, torqued to 65ftlbs.

When I fired her up the first time to bleed the coolant, the level slowly oozed out of the radiator top. Driving around the overflow hasn't filled up or overflowed yet, but I'm kind of worried about the whole pushing coolant at idle. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
cheap and easy dye kit to check for exhuast gases. But you would have to do a full flush first since you had a hg go bad.
and yea its normal for the coolant to rise up some at idle. its getting hotter and the t-stat opens and more coolant gets push into the radiator.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that's good to know, because compression test results are 175, 162, 165, 170 and I pressurized each cylinder with 100psi from my air compressor and didn't see any changes in the coolant level.

I also installed an aluminum dual core rad, going to replace the T-stat tomorrow just to be safe. That way, we've eliminated all the common variables. Also looking to get the injectors flow tested and cleaned.

Would it be in my best interest to get a retune after this? Since the last tune, I've replaced pistons and rings and resurfaced head.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts