Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
97 sc300
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been thinking lately a little gutted crx with a built n/a engine would be great on gas. I got the Idea after just doing minor mods to my K series and managing 35mpg city/highway and the car weighs 700lbs more then a crx would.

Ive come up with a few random questions/thoughts on the issue. Ive only delt with K20/K24's and ive built k's in the past. So i have no problem getting my hands dirty. Im thinking ill build the engine then find the chassis seeing as i already have 2 cars ><

CRAZY GAS MILAGE CRX....
what ecu options?
hondata s300?
what wire harness?

d15 engine any specific block? where to get pistons,
how easy is it to reach 12:1cr

d15 head or do d16's fit?
any specific head?
what cam aftermarket or are there good oem options?
cam pully worth it with hondata?
vtec or non?
whats a typical red line for d series? (this will be fully built)

are intake manifold worth it?
bigger tb what size can i get or would even be worth it
1.75 or 2" exhaust twin loop exhaust
any good race headers that arent crazy expensive

what trans (5speed please), low 5th gear
any lsd's availible?

i want to try and keep up as much torque as possible, i know im not going to have much with a d.

i appreciate your time and thoughts i am currently searching through the forums and compiling data but i always like to get new input

·
McLOVIN
2002 Civic Si
800 Posts
Although tbh I have been eying an hf at my work for awhile... Add a little compression and mpfi + lean burn tune and some hypermiling.... Im dreaming, the owner probably wont sell to me

·
Registered
1991 Civic SI
2,229 Posts
Although tbh I have been eying an hf at my work for awhile... Add a little compression and mpfi + lean burn tune and some hypermiling.... Im dreaming, the owner probably wont sell to me
everythings for sale :bigok:

·
Registered
'97 Del Sol
751 Posts
All I know is I need to stop reading "Noober than Newb" threads and get back to studying my own build.

I mean what do you call a nOOb that gets frustrated at other newbs posts?
A grumpy nUbe?

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,760 Posts
All I know is I need to stop reading "Noober than Newb" threads and get back to studying my own build.

I mean what do you call a nOOb that gets frustrated at other newbs posts?
A grumpy nUbe?
Someone who is reading and learning.....which IMHO is a good thing.

·
Well.......
2,493 Posts

·
Registered
97 sc300
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just buy a crx hf. Boom, winning.
Im in the mood for a project so i really want to build up my own engine and not just buy something.

This is what it looks like when a total noob post is dressed up.

lipstick on a pig right here, basic searching would answer 100% of these questions.

That second last line makes you come off as a bit of a douche, if there is one thing d's do its make decent torque for their power levels.
If you read my post i deal with K24's, i know d's have torque but not K series torque.

haha +rep looks like he trolled for 5 minutes picked up some "terms" and came in here and posted ve”r”y simple yet answered 2343542352 times questions
Someone who is reading and learning.....which IMHO is a good thing.
Ive been wrenching on cars since i was in high school.
I have built engines and swapped them too.
I just haven’t had to deal with d series before so i was trying to get some general information to fill in some blanks while i search for all the information i need.

If everything is so common knowledge as you say it is; then why not spend your time saying something useful instead wasting your time telling me im a noob.
All your doing is bumping the post up for more people to see.

If anyone has anything constructive to add go for it....

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
HF is already MPFI.
Want lean burn + power + MPG? Look at Robsters build.

If everything is so common knowledge as you say it is; then why not spend your time saying something useful instead wasting your time telling me im a noob.

If anyone has anything constructive to add go for it....
Lol @ telling 'Bone you credentials.

K24 -(1 cam) -(0.8l) -(hype) = D16.
Same. Exact. Shit. Applies. When. Building. A. D-series.
Same exact rules of physics. Engines work the same. Same concepts.

If it's common knowledge, why don't you fucking search instead of wasting our time?

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
CRAZY GAS MILAGE CRX....
what ecu options?
hondata s300?
what wire harness? (This depends on which OBD you want to run OBD0 or OBD1, search and you'll find out which software and what harness)

d15 engine any specific block? where to get pistons,
how easy is it to reach 12:1cr (This depends on which block you want to run, you could build a D15 with 12:1 or you could build a Z6 with 12:1, search and you'd know this)

d15 head or do d16's fit? (Yes, search and you'd know this)
any specific head? (any specific head for what, mpg?, search and you'd know the differences)
what cam aftermarket or are there good oem options? (For which head, decide on that and you'll be able to search and find the best cam)
cam pully worth it with hondata? (are you talking about cam gear?, OEM will work in most applications but that depends on head/block combo, search and you'll find the answer)
vtec or non? (Which motor are you starting with?)
whats a typical red line for d series? (this will be fully built) (depends on what car you get, seach and you'd know different civics have different redlines)

are intake manifold worth it? (How else are you gonna accurately feed and measure air into the cylinder?)
bigger tb what size can i get or would even be worth it )(A search would tell you what size TB works best)
1.75 or 2" exhaust twin loop exhaust(A search would tell you what size tubing works best)
any good race headers that arent crazy expensive (A search would tell you what headers do what)

what trans (5speed please), low 5th gear Which trans do you want, and which platform are you going to be bolting it to, search would reveal this)
any lsd's availible? (Depends on the tranny, search would tell you that too)
Ive been wrenching on cars since i was in high school.
I have built engines and swapped them too.
I just haven’t had to deal with d series before so i was trying to get some general information to fill in some blanks while i search for all the information i need.

This is what kills me, don't ask general open ended questions and expect finite answers. It's like me starting a new thread about "Which car is best?" well an Ariel Atom's not gonna tow a load of beets is it...

I may be some ******* from the backwoods of Alabama but I'm not going to be naive enough to think that an ENTIRE forum dedicated to one kind of motor hasn't had "MY" questions asked on it ever before.

I feel I've been plenty helpful, you are welcome.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts