Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I still have the keys to my car and everything, but yesterday I was having a problem with My ignition. For some reason, when I went to turn the key, literally nothing happened. I know the battery is still good because when I press the hazard lights button, they come on. So anyways, like the idiot I am, I cut the wires behind the ignition switch hoping to test them to see if I could hot wire the car... No luck. So now here I am asking if maybe one of you knew the issue I was having when turning the key. Also, does anyone know a good tutorial for a push button ignition for an Ef? I can't seem to find a good one. Anything helps. I need to get around in this car ASAP.

·
Registered
93 hatch (money pit)
12 Posts
Why not just re connect the wires you cut? If your trying to solve one issue it may be better to not incorporate more potential problems.

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm planning on re soldering them right now. My original plan was to make the push button ignition. That was before the car wouldn't start

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,471 Posts
or you could get another ignition and new key?
why is your first thought to cut the ignition wiring?
how do you have a red dot already?

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or you could get another ignition and new key?
why is your first thought to cut the ignition wiring?
how do you have a red dot already?
Idk about the red dot. I can't even see it as I'm on mobile.
My thought to cut the wires was because I don't have a multimeter and I was going to try to Hotwire the car in an effort to see what's happening. I tried to Hotwire it based on what I saw online and still nothing.

·
4,471 Posts
but you literally could have taken it apart instead of cutting it. hell, it plugs into the fuse box

·
4,471 Posts
youre s.o.l lol. you may just need a new ignition switch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts