Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My Purge Control Valve is shot. I researched online and found out that the part number is 36190-P2J-003. But it seems like it is not available any more. It will be a great help if any one can suggest a replacement/alternative part.
Auto part Vehicle
best!
DexBangla

·
Registered
'91 CRX DX, D15B (D15Z7), DX L3
116 Posts
That's the frequency valve for EGR control. To my knowledge, the D15Z7 doesn't have a purge control solenoid. I bought one of those frequency valves from a Japanese exporter a few years ago. As far as I can tell, it's identical to the ones found on mid-90's Accords, except for the size of the restrictor orifices in the hose ports. You might be able to modify a salvage Accord valve with the restrictors from your old one?

What makes you think your old valve is dead? You've tried blowing it out with carb cleaner?

·
Registered
6,891 Posts
If you have access to a junkyard, find any 90s honda and take their own valve. Honda usually does a great job of mechaniccaly making things function the same, and simply doing cosmetics or specific fitment changes, such as orienting the nipples a different direction to overcome certain chassis space requirements.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's the frequency valve for EGR control. To my knowledge, the D15Z7 doesn't have a purge control solenoid. I bought one of those frequency valves from a Japanese exporter a few years ago. As far as I can tell, it's identical to the ones found on mid-90's Accords, except for the size of the restrictor orifices in the hose ports. You might be able to modify a salvage Accord valve with the restrictors from your old one?

What makes you think your old valve is dead? You've tried blowing it out with carb cleaner?
Hello and tanks for your suggestion. No I did not try to clean it but I did clean the EGR Valve and also EGR Passage on my intake manifold. If i connect the vacuum lines the engine dies. Also, originally the car had a D15b JDM 3stage Vtec motor with Multimatic CVT. I got this z7 after wards and only changed the motor keeping the rest same. but it ran okay for 1.5 years before i faced this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have access to a junkyard, find any 90s honda and take their own valve. Honda usually does a great job of mechaniccaly making things function the same, and simply doing cosmetics or specific fitment changes, such as orienting the nipples a different direction to overcome certain chassis space requirements.
Hi, thanks will try that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts