Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK i have searched and can't find anything 100%

just looking for Hp #'s using Pump Gas 91/93 Octane

I want around 400whp or will i just have to use E85.
I just don't want to lose the MPG (i'm at 28-29MPG now)thats why i have this Question running around in my head. Is 400 possible then i'll go for it but if it's a far cry away then E85 here i come.

thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
got to remember i think jfk was on pump gas with the meth injection. so does he count?

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Just use Water/meth injection with the pump gas. You will get the same great mileage, and be able to make alot more power. Bisi got to 700WHP on pump gas and water/meth injection. Also, it lasts a long time it takes a while before you have to refill.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
Just use Water/meth injection with the pump gas. You will get the same great mileage, and be able to make alot more power. Bisi got to 700WHP on pump gas and water/meth injection. Also, it lasts a long time it takes a while before you have to refill.
im SOO TIRED of reading that bullshit

he did NOT make 700whp on pump gas and water meth

he made 700+whp on Torco unleaded racing fuel and water meth.

:repost:

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts

and that car prolly only saw 700whp that one dyno run. every vid ive seen since of the car its def not at 700.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts

I'm just saying what the superstreet article said:

1988 Honda Civic Wagon - AEM Electronics - Super Street Magazine

It says 708WHP with pump gas and water/meth, and 724WHP on torco race fuel. I'm sure he doesn't drive around at those levels. He just did it to prove what he could do with a turbo, call it a dyno queen, but it's more than any of us will ever see.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no need for a pissing match :yawn::gives: i more interested in the set up and results

Danz & Farmyard could u give me a little more info on the set-ups (exh manifold mainly)

heres's my run down
y8 block W/ ALOT of Prep
Z6 Crank
Vitara's and FJ Rods
Y8 head ported kms valve train
ferra high comp valves .5mm over
Crower turbo cam
edlebrock intake

Up in the air with manifold and turbo right now i have a P fab log and a
Billet 58 running 16lbs making 311whp but backed it down to 12lbs to keep the motor alive (stock)
May go with a custom top mount to keep my A/C and a 62 billet BB

·
Registered
725 Posts
Down here a bunch of guys where running 93(race gas) and calling it pump gas. One made almost 500. They all was calming pump gas.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Down here a bunch of guys where running 93(race gas) and calling it pump gas. One made almost 500. They all was calming pump gas.
Alot of gas station pumps offer 93 octane. Usually race fuel is about 100 octane or more.

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
There are a few variables that come into play the head and turbo are pretty big ones......If you look in the singlecam thread on HT Xeno was explaining why 400 and pump is not a great idea with certain setups...... A bigger turbo will allow you to make more power on less boost.... I know this is in really simple terms and there are some other things that come into play but........You get the point......

·
McLOVIN
2002 Civic Si
800 Posts
Ive been told that 350whp is pushing it on 91 (highest octane in OK), but thats not 100% true is it? You could always run more boost and less timing Right? Keeping your IAT's low is understood...

Does E85 count as pump?

·
one grumpy old man
786 Posts
we both have farm built turb manifolds. so you are on a stock bottom end or the fjt/vitara one?

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Ive been told that 350whp is pushing it on 91 (highest octane in OK), but thats not 100% true is it? You could always run more boost and less timing Right? Keeping your IAT's low is understood...

Does E85 count as pump?
last i checked i can get my e85 out of a pump at the local truck stop. so yes i consider it PUMP gas.

93 is not race gas around here.

Edit: Anything over 95 is
this! we have 93 at most stations around here but none of them are ethonal free. there all 10% ethonal

Oh and E85 FTW!!!!
yup cheap race gas that you get from a pump at a gas station!

1 - 20 of 87 Posts