Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
95 civic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to show my recent build. Its not my car its a friends. I built the engine and did all the work. Its a d16z6. golden eagle block bored and o-ringed. stock crank with a little special work. this car was designed for a street car so it has a/c, power steering/ cruse control, full disk abs breaks. The turbo manifold was a custom build from Central Florida Turbo. Those guys are great. The head has a full p&p with stock valves. Intake manifold is a venom unit with a blox 65mm throttle body Ive been building this car for 3 years so if theres something you want to know just ask. It made 275whp @ 8.2psi and 360whp at 15psi
this is built to go over 400 but staying safe while it is still his only car.
[/IMG][/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
hell yes for the ac, p/s. o-ringed block?

·
Registered
95 civic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nice numbers :)
thanks. i would have pushed it harder because it does have a meth kit that kicks in at 14psi but the owner was happy with that. Its his first build and never drove something like that before i think he was scared of breaking it.

·
Registered
95 civic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow I thought more people would have commented on this build. Thanks for the nice words Chick an newsol. This forum an ones like it helped me when I shatter years ago so I figured it was my time to return the favor but I guess it was a waste of my time. Next time I'll put together a motor with a bunch of junk an post it an then maybe I'll get some feedback.

·
Registered
95 civic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's just a stock Si tranny. It does feel like it spools late but I layed this dyno over a lsvtec that had the same power an they had the same curve. This sheet looks bad because it's printed out in mph instead of rpm. Not sure why my tuner did that

·
Registered
95 civic
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And thanks acid for the kind words. Also if I knew he wasn't going to push this motor hard I would have picked a smaller turbo also. Precision picked it out an said it should carry this motor to around 420hp. Also the rev limit is turned down to 8000. I would have turned it close to 9 but the kid can't drive yet an he wants it to last another 5 years an the motor has been running 2 already.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts