Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Fo Do' DX daily
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive finally had it with my brakes, im getting a hard pulsation in the pedal and a bit in the steering wheel

today when i replaced my rear drums, i noticed that the drivers side doesnt spin smoothly, when adjusted correctly it will turn freelly then drag real hard in one spot and so on

it does this with the old and new drum so ive singled that out

idk what to do, the shoes seem to be alright and have some meat left on them

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
I cant count the number of times ive had new drums or rotors at work that have been out of round or machined poorly. Did you make sure you dont have any stuck slide pins up front. Id get another set of drums and see where your at. Possibly the shoes but I'd start with the drums cause its free. Did you do anything up front?

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
sounds like it is more in the rear. Usually if its really bad rotors or slide pins or a bad caliper you get a bad pulsation feeling coming from the steering wheel. when I see a car with a pulsation in the pedal and not so much in the steering wheel generally its an issue in the rear brakes. where did you get the drums from. do your shoes visually look ok?

·
Registered
98 civic ex coupe
938 Posts
You could have uneven wear on a brake shoe basically.. for a number of reasons. Ive seen it before from people driving around with the E-brake on. What happens is when you hit an uneven spot while your applying the brakes thats when you feel the pulsation.

If its not from bad drums.

·
Registered
Fo Do' DX daily
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i put new drums on today

up front the pads are new , rotors arent but look good

i do hear an occasionall creaking from drivers front

im picking up shoes tonight ro hopefully put in tomorrow and try to fix the issue

·
Registered
Fo Do' DX daily
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
put the shoes in on the side that was pulsating, along with the new drum

seems to be good now, only went for a small test ride but definately noticed less/no pulsation

gonna get around to the other side soon

·
Registered
Fo Do' DX daily
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, the adjusters never really work though so sometime in the week after i get the second side of shoes on im gonna adjust it all and hope to never have to touch it again

until a conversion comes my way lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts