Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry wasnt sure if this Q sould go in the electronics forum or here. But if I get a underdrive pully and a camgear, will the pully starv my car stereo equipment? I'm running 2 bigger JL amps, and my headlights already borderline shut off at night went I got the boom boom banging-j/k. but they do dim already and I dont want to starv my system anymore.And hell if it does maby I'll sell my system :razz: Any advice would be ever so helpfull, thanks

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
cam gear won't change it. However underdrive pulleys will. There are 3 underdrive pulleys... The powersteering, alternator and crank pulley. Do not use an underdrive or lightweight crank pulley. If you use an underdriven alternator pulley, then it does reduce alternator power which can be a problem for you...

J

·
0 Posts
with your setup you should basically just stay away from all the underdrive pully's...Have you ever consider a heavy duty capacity alternator?

-Juan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, back when I competed in IASCA I thought about it. But I won a 1st place trophy for sound quality and decided to retire. But now I'm thinking of selling my stereo gear so I can put the money into my D.Because $4500 in audio/visual is nice but sure wont make the car go faster.

J

·
0 Posts
in that case, weight is your enemy...if you get the weight down via removing the stereo, then you wont need a different alternator. and for the $$$$ you can do alot with the engine (forced induction) and suspension

Good luck

-Juan

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, im pretty sure all the fiberglass isnt wieght friendly.And iv got a t25, ic,bov and turbo header already. :razz:

J

·
0 Posts
in that case a good portion of your money could be spent on fuel managment (which will help protect your engine and squeeze more out of it)

Good luck
-Juan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts