Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any advice where to hook up and how to swing it.I have a good idea but i just would like to know if anyone has any tricks up their sleeves

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
i always wrap the chain around on exhaust mani runner and the other i stick a starter bolt through the chain and put it in on of the wholes for the start and just get it tight so it cant do damage. and just lift till its free

·
Registered
90 CRX Si
3,866 Posts
We just jacked the car way up and pulled, and later re-installed, my motor from the bottom when I did mine. Easy coming out, especially if you have the head off, going in can be a bit tricky.

·
Registered
1990 Civic Si
1,013 Posts
the chain i had was really short so i used one of the bolt holes for the dizzy and connected the other end at the top right corner of the block (just below the head). heres a pic

i did it this way so that the weight would be distributed evenly, which makes it easier to drop in, especially if you are doing by yourself!

·
I can't read...
10,170 Posts
I've posted pics before, use your "head"
exactly!

i'll fill him in. lol

there's a threaded hole on the head. if your standing in front of the car its on the right...right abouve the IM.

i use that and i thread one of the front tranny mount bolts in all the way. then i wrap the chain around that.

support engine, unbolt mounts hoist that bitch out!

EDIT: whoops didn't notice Funk's post. lol but thats how you do it!

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
the chain i had was really short so i used one of the bolt holes for the dizzy and connected the other end at the top right corner of the block (just below the head). heres a pic

i did it this way so that the weight would be distributed evenly, which makes it easier to drop in, especially if you are doing by yourself!
x2. I usually hook mine up the same way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts